Innovation in Serving the Community

Hello friends! So I told you that I will be posting some topics from my Masters program in Public Administration. My final class of the program is called Seminar with the topic on innovation which asked students to come up with an idea for a nonprofit that they know or work with. I choose to write about a project that some colleagues and I have been discussing for the past few years in how to bring needed services to our communities in the Bronx.

Just a bit of background on me and why I’m doing this…growing up in the Bronx in the 70′s and 80′s was so different from what is now. Sure it had it rough spots, like what is still broadcast as stereotypical images that I won’t repeat, but it was still the time where neighbors all knew each other and looked out for each other, my friends' parents would look out for me and all of the kids in the neighborhood and treat us as communal responsibility (with the ability to scold and report back to our respective parents :) , people left their doors open knowing that neighbors or the kids would be coming in and out, I’m not saying we have to take it that far today, but something intrinsically “neighborly” is missing nowadays. I want that back, kids of these generations should have that. We see the results in the kids of the last few years who didn’t have that…..

Last week we submitted the proposal idea in class and I got my grade back which was a 9.7 out of 10. The paper is on my other blog, so please take a look at it and tell me what you think.  This is also related to the Pepsi grant that I am up for, so I need your continued support and votes to help me make this a reality.
I would love to hear your ideas and have a discussion about what you think is needed from administrators in providing services to the public.
Always the Busy Beaz!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March Moola Madness!! Enter To Win!

Enter To Win a Bath & Body Giftset!

May the Fourth Be With You - New Beginnings - Happy Birthday To Me - The Do's and Don’ts of getting older.