A lesson in perseverance..



Hello folks, hope you have been enjoying your Summer. Sorry I haven’t posted in some time. I have been working hard on my products, perfecting recipes and creating some new items which will soon be posted in my shop; but I’ve also been engrossed with finishing my Masters degree in Public Administration. I have 4 more weeks and will be done the 2nd week of August!

I’m incredibly happy, giddy, anxious and exhausted, but mostly proud that I have completed this course I put myself on 2 years ago and have seen it through to the end. When I got laid off in 2009, I was angry at the turn of events but decided to use the time as an opportunity to go back to school and start my business. It has been scary and very frustrating at times, but has been a valuable life lesson in perseverance and trying to achieve personal goals.

For many years I wondered what it would be like to “do my own thing”, not really knowing what it was.  I worked for great companies and met wonderful people along the way, but always wondered what I was really meant to be doing with my life.  A lot of time was spent wondering…I’ve come to realize that this could be a lifelong pursuit for some, which is ok since we are constantly changing, but Ive also realized that sometimes we just have to take the plunge and go for it! Choose something you enjoy doing and are passionate about, something you are good at and do it! Write, bake, sing, sew…everyday. Then you will be able to see if it’s something you can do forever or if you need to change course. But you won’t know until you try.

There are no guarantees in life and sure, I may have to work with other companies from time to time as I build further on my dream, but I have learned that I can do it on my own if I put the time and energy to it.  Now that school is almost done, I will use my time to create a fantastic business, met other wonderful people and continue on this journey of trial and error. Persistence is key and our minds are capable of more than we use ‘em for, so go for it!

Peace,
The Busy Beaz :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March Moola Madness!! Enter To Win!

Enter To Win a Bath & Body Giftset!

May the Fourth Be With You - New Beginnings - Happy Birthday To Me - The Do's and Don’ts of getting older.